Monday, January 27, 2014

Sew Easy 102 Football Jersey

This was a super easy pattern to make!  It does run a tad small.  Robbie usually wears an 8/10 so I made the first one a size 8 based on the measurements on the package chart.  It fit very snug, which he didn't like at all.  I decided to do the size 12 and still added 2 inches to the length and roughly 1.5" to the sleeves.  He likes his shirts a little longer, and he'll get longer wear.

I went through several tries of knit shirts before I made one he finally liked.  I think he was trying to show off his muscles here.  Silly boy!


I used a real jersey mesh fabric for the bottom (red) and a shiny black jersey fabric for the top and sleeves.  I had this baby done in less than 2 hours including tracing the pattern on paper.

It is a fabulous first project and a great project for even the expert sewer.

On a side note, I have been working on a dress form for Brittany.  I have the brown paper packing tape form completed.  I am working on her cover, and I finished building the stand over the weekend.  Once I have it painted, I'll at least share that part with you. I am calling Britt's body double BJ (Britt Jr.) lol.  Stay tuned.

Happy Monday.
Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment