Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Children's Corner Mary De

I have been busy in my workroom and have had very little time to post.  I think I'm nearly caught up now, so I thought I'd show you a few things I've accomplished over the last few weeks.

This is a Children's Corner Mary De.  This pattern is one of my favorites.

I loved this print fabric but didn't have enough for the entire dress, so I added a black band along the bottom and trimmed it with ric rac.  I also used a smocked insert.

The smocking plate is from Ellen McCarn -  It's called Ladybug Family

This is the first time I've smocked into the arm holes on the Mary De.  It was a bear.  All the bulk made it impossible to turn that seam allowance to the inside.  So I chose to put a bias binding around those edges instead.  I like it. Just remember to cut away the seam allowance if you do this.  This is also the first time I've done double piping.

This has to be the best collar I've ever done.  I used Gail Doane's method of adding the piping and cutting it out.  I've never done it before and it took me two tries, but I love it!  I'll always use this method.

I had these sweet little ladybug buttons for the back closure.

I added little ladybug buttons to the sleeves.

And of course she had to have matching socks.  Laurie at Southern Stitches has a great tutorial for these.


Post a Comment