Tuesday, April 15, 2014

McCalls 6078 pattern review

This is my first pattern review. Yay!  I absolutely love this top and will make it again.  Although I love these bright colors, I don't think they work well with my coloring.  Perhaps I just need a tan. LOL  Gabby thought I was looking at something in the back yard.  She is trying to determine what it is. haha  FWIW, I hate having my picture taken especially of my butt!






Pattern Description: Sleeveless top with draped front. I made view C.  It's OOP, but I scored it on e-bay.

Pattern Sizing: XS - XL. I cut an XS (4-6).  I wear a 2 in RTW and an online sewing friend recommends going 2 sizes up for custom.  So I did.  This runs large though.  I took in an additional 1/2" on the side seams.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very clear instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked that is was super easy and quick to make.  The cowl is a little low and shows the girls a bit too much when bent over.

Fabric Used: Jersey.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I only took in 1/2" in the side seams. I probably could have used a sway back adjustment. Next time I will make a clean closed loop.  I also tacked them to the top to keep them from sliding.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I absolutely would sew it again. And I definitely recommend it to others.


Conclusion: I have a difficult time fitting myself since I do not yet have a dress form.  This was really easy to fit, easy to make, and very quickly put together without the form.  It is extremely versatile too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment