Thursday, January 29, 2015

Parson's Chair Slipcover

I am in the middle of a master bedroom makeover, and I've started with some parson's chairs.  We wanted some seating in the room, and I found these chairs at Pier One for less than $180 for both.  I just got the basic chairs with white fabric, because I knew I would cover them.  No sense paying for fabric covered chairs.

I found this suede fabric at Hancock's and thought it would be beautiful in the room.  I took the photo outside, because the lighting really shows the fabric off.

And here it is in the room.  The second chair isn't finished yet.  I still need to add the skirt.  My quilt will be next I think then the window treatments.


There is a craftsy class on slipcovers that I recommend.  But pay special attention to the class materials, because there was a mistake in the skirt calculations.  Just double check those before you cut your fabric.  I did not follow the class on these other than the skirt, because I did not want to pipe these.  And pin fitting is easier to me.

I also recommend lining the skirt even if you don't line the rest.  It makes the skirt hang so much prettier with the added weight.  I've done it both ways.  I definitely preferred the lined option.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Thursday - what's left of it!!
Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment