Monday, July 20, 2015

Baby Gift Ideas

One of my dearest friends had her first grandchild last week.  Needless to say, she is beyond elated!  I wanted to make a few things for baby Gray.

I have made this changing pad before, but I'm a bit partial to this one.  I chose to use chenille fabric this go around, and it is so incredibly soft.  I don't like the closure though.  The instructions call for placing that elastic on the outside of the bias binding.  I think next time, I'll put it underneath.  I thought of making a button hole, but if you put wipes and diapers in the little pouch, that wouldn't leave extra room.

I had a scrap of fabric left over from the fabric boxes I made.  I'll have to get pictures and post those later.

I also made burp cloths.  I found the tutorial here.  I've used it before, and moms always love them.  I have not washed these yet, so they are as frilly as they should be.

I found this nursery print at Joann's and loved it.  I made both sides out of flannel.

I also found this beautiful cotton nursery print the same day and thought it would make a great blanket.


I wasn't sure whether I wanted to use blanket binding or wrap the dot around to the front for a contrast band.  I've done it both ways.  I chose the binding, so the blanket would be larger.  I would lose some size with the contrast band, since the dot was not as wide at the focus fabric.

I think these will make a nice gift for a new baby.  I hope mom and dad love them.

Thanks for stopping by.

Angela


0 comments:

Post a Comment