Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Bonnie Blue Designs Marcy

This is one of the easiest patterns I've done.  It was quick, easy to understand, and it turned out so cute.  This is not, however, a pattern for a newbie.  The instructions were good.  Don't get me wrong.  But you have to know things like how to apply piping, because while they give great instructions on how to make piping, it lacks actual instruction on how/where to apply it to the garment.

Also, the pattern calls for installing the elastic before doing the appliqued flowers on the panties.  Take my advice and do it before.  It's hard, especially on the smaller sizes, to get the fabric to lay flat under the machine.  That's why my flowers are up higher than I would have liked.


It button down the back, and I loved the button placement guide.  I rarely find one that I like in patterns.

The scalloped hem was super easy.  It's the first I've done I believe.  The pattern has 2 views, one like this with the coordinating color scallops.  And one that is all one color.

I will definitely make this pattern again.  I think so many things could be done with it.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please feel free to ask questions or post comments.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment