Friday, September 28, 2012

Keyka Lou Laptop Sleeve

This is my newest laptop case by Keyka Lou.  These things are durable and very easy to make.  I added a ruffle and ribbon flower to this one.  I used my Viking ruffler again!  Still lovin' that foot!!

Here is the inside.





I made this for a friend's daughter.  She kept Robbie for me one afternoon but wouldn't let me pay her.  You know I couldn't let that happen.  So I told her I'd get her back!!  And I did!

I actually widened this pattern by 2 inches to accommodate a 15" computer in lieu of 13" this pattern called for.  It wasn't hard at all.  Email me if you want to know how I did it.

I wanted to add a little something extra to the outside, since the ruffle just didn't seem like enough.  I thought about doing a yo-yo, and you know I'm not over those yet.  I think it's a healthy obsession.  Is there such a thing? lol  So I used the same concept and made a ribbon flower.  I'll post a tute soon on how to do that.  Note: satin ribbon is very difficult to work with as it slides all over.  Ask me how I know!  The yellow you see is satin.  And it was smaller.  That equals a pain in the patooty!

Head on over to Keyka Lou and download the pattern.  It's well worth $5!!


2 comments:

  1. Angela - Beautiful! I hope you do a ruffler tutorial with the new foot, I would love to see it. This sleeve is gorgeous - I can just imagine working with the satin ribbon :(
    Have a great weekend!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim! I will definitely do a tute on the ruffler. So be watching!

    ReplyDelete