Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Quilted Star Pot Holder

One of my sewing friends over at Everything Sewing introduced me to this pot holder.  You can find the tutorial here.  This is my first one, so obviously, there were some challenges.  This hot pad is huge!!  It is nearly 10" square when finished.  I had to square mine up so much that it wound up being just shy of 9" square.

The beauty though with this one is that you can use scraps.  There was no cost for this gift.  I used some old Amy Butler scraps used to make Britt's overnight bag and scraps from this little outfit I made for my great-niece.  The green fabric is a broadcloth used to make this nightgown for another niece.

Most of the work associated with this project is in the cutting.  But once you get past that, it really goes along fairly quickly.  I will do this one again for sure and just keep them in my "gift" box when I need a quick gift.

I really do like this little hot pad.  It is for Robbie's teacher for Christmas.  I hope she likes it.  It doesn't look like much, but it sure was a lot of work! LOL

Thanks for stopping by.  Please feel free to ask any questions.

Angela


0 comments:

Post a Comment