Here is what my 5 groove looks like:
Here is how I attached it to my machine:
Here is another view of those little holes.
You will also need two thread spools. Like this:
Now attach your presser foot, and you are ready to begin. I went through several passes before I could get a decent looking tuck. You should NOT be able to see the thread underneath the pintuck.
This picture is a bit blurry, but I think you can see the tucks fairly well. And only the red thread is showing on top of the tuck. The brown thread underneath should be hidden. The tuck will fold over that thread keeping it out of sight.
You can also see how you line up previous tucks with the next one. You simply place the last tuck in any of the grooves of the presser foot. In this picture, I used the second groove to the right. You'll also need to play around with your thread tension. I had to use a tension of 8 to get the tucks the right height. Otherwise, you'll simply have a flat piece of fabric with two stitch lines like this:
And for comparison, here is a baby daygown I did with manual tucks. That is, where I marked the tuck line, pressed it, sewed it, then pressed it down.
I think I like the look of manual ones better, but I'll still be playing around with the new presser foot, because they are much smaller tucks, and I actually might like them better than these. We'll see.
I am working on another daygown and plan to use my new presser foot, so I'll have a really nice comparison. I'm using white this time with hand made baby blue tatting. Here is a sneak peak. The tatting will go on both sides of the front placket and around the collar. I'm excited about this one.
Good luck, and let me know how you fair.