1. They are super easy to make. Total time for 3 bags from start to finish 3 hours. I had some interruptions, and of course, it's a new pattern. When I make more, it will go much faster.
2. They are super durable, washable and reversible.
3. They were inexpensive to make. Total cost for 3 bags was less than $10. And I have fabric left over!
4. They help save our precious planet which we should all make more of an effort to do.
5. They hold so much stuff!!! All of this fit in ONE bag. Yes, one. There are 3 sizes incidentally. I made the large ones. That is a huge container of spinach, a small loaf of bread, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, 2 deodorant rolls, a bag of almonds, a jar of garlic and 7 protein bars all in one bag.
6. They are so cute! This is what they look like completely full. And as long as they are full, they stand up by themselves. No more rolling around in the trunk of your car!!! I can take corners on a dime, and these puppies stay put! See that little plastic bag beside? That has my meat. Didn't want that in my new bags getting their little juices all over them.
|View from the top|
7. They fold up so neatly. All three (only 2 pictured) fit nicely in the side pocket of my car door. I keep them there; otherwise, I'd forget to take them to the grocery store - completely negating the whole reason for making them!
The only change I'll make is to make 2 or 3 with laminated fabric lining. That way, I'll have a place for my meats or anything else that might have a tendency to leak. It will wipe clean easily. The others can be thrown in the wash!
How much more convincing do you need? I plan on making some of these for teacher gifts this year. Maybe even Christmas gifts. Oh I can think of a few people who would love these.