Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Creative Keepsakes Smocked Nightgown

I made this one for a friend's daughter for Christmas.  She has outgrown the first one I made and wanted another.  This is my "go to" pattern for nightgowns.  It's super easy to make and super quick.  It has a variety of styles including a robe pattern.  I like using lace for the sleeves.  I just think it adds a little something extra.

I used Ellen McCarns Allison Leight smocking plate.

I wanted a little more color on the back, so I chose to weave floss through the top two cable rows.  I'm not sure I like it though.  I may take that out before I wrap this up.


You can see other versions of the dress here and here.

Have a happy Wednesday!!
Angela

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! I like the lace sleeves. I smocked the Allison Leigh for my daughter a couple Easters ago. I think I might have that pattern in the adult size............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny Jo! If you don't have it let me know. :)

      Delete