Wednesday, January 15, 2014
I am still fighting the collar on this one though. I do not like how it overlaps. I don't know if it's the pattern or me honestly. I'm leaning toward me. lol
I am getting much more comfortable with this pattern despite making mistakes nearly every time I make it. I have such a hard time with the sleeves and getting the plackets facing the right way. I made some notations on my pattern for the next one I do. I hope that will solve any future issues.
This is actually a relatively easy pattern, and I have learned so much in using it. My lower front placket is one of those learned things and still needs some work, but it looks better every time I do it. So here's hoping for a perfect one next time around.
I will definitely make this shirt again. I had to make some adjustments to this pattern to fit my large boy. This is an extra large. I lengthened the shirt by 2" and lengthened the sleeves by 1 1/2". He has a bit of a spare tire, so I knew he'd need that extra room. He also likes his sleeves a bit longer.
The pocket is on the wrong side. When I tried to remove it to fix it, I got sloppy with my seam ripper and made a small tear in the shirt. So the pocket stays right where it is. Like he's ever going to use the pocket anyway. (eye roll).
Please feel free to share your experience with this pattern or ask questions.