Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Simplicity 1589 Review

Sorry I don't have modeled pics. :(  This is for my daughter, and she hasn't been home yet to put it on.

Pattern Description:  Simplicity Learn to Sew tank tops with back interest. View A with open square at the shoulders or view b with cross over back.  I made view A. 
Pattern Sizing: 4-16 - I cut a size 10. It runs just a bit large.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes


Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very clear instructions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It was super easy and great for beginners.


Fabric Used: 100% cotton

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I increased the width across the bust by 1" and removed that same amount from the back width.  I also took up an extra 1/4" at the shoulder seams.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I absolutely would sew it again. And I definitely recommend it to others.


Conclusion: My dd likes very loose fitting tops but still has a little shape.  This top fits the bill perfectly. She is very full busted but small everywhere else.  She is narrow across the back and upper bust.  I don't do a typical FBA where you add width everywhere.  She just doesn't need it in the back.


Here is the finished product albeit not modeled.  I found this really pretty fabric at Joann's on clearance.  I didn't know what I would do with it, and it was perfect for this pattern.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment