Monday, May 19, 2014

Ribbon Framed Pillow

I've seen these pillows before but never attempted one until now.  This is a custom job for a client.  I think it turned out really well.  It's just thrown over an existing pillow, because I didn't have any inserts on hand. :(  I'll have to fix that since I'll be making more and more pillows it seems.  This one would have photographed much better had it been stuffed properly.  I won't have an insert until later in the week, and these have to be delivered Wed. 

TIP:  To get the ribbon on straight, I used my clear ruler and placed it on the fabric 3 3/4" from each edge.  I placed wonder tape right along the edge of the ruler.  That gave me a straight line all the way down and I just placed the ribbon right along the wonder tape right at the edge.  It also made the miters easier to do.  Easy peasy.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Monday!
Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment