Friday, May 22, 2015

Fun Apron

This is another gift for one of Robbie's very special teachers.  I don't think she reads my blog, so it won't ruin the surprise. ;)  This came from Sew4Home.  There is a matching girl's apron too.

This picture doesn't do this apron justice.  It is much cuter in person.  It has 4 layers of tulle underneath.  I didn't have a model, except Robbie, and it looked like a dress on him.  So I had to put it on my unfinished dress form.  She is leaning to the left. :(

I just adore this little pocket.  Robbie's teacher is a huge USC fan, and I found this fabric earlier this year knowing I would use it, just not sure for what.  I'm not sure she even uses aprons, but won't it be fun to pull it out on game days?


And this is the back.
The tutorial called for a 15" waistband, but I increased that by 3".  I think some of these aprons can be too small.  I would rather it come too far to the back than to not cover enough.

I hope she likes her new Carolina apron.  My daughter has now requested one in UGA fabric for her grandmother.  So I have something special in mind for that one.  Stay tuned.

And a special shout out to all of our men and women in our armed forces.  Please say a prayer for them all as we recognize their service and remember those who died for their country.  Please also remember both our police force and fire department.

Thank you for stopping by.
Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment