One of the ladies who helps me tremendously with our Threads of Love Ministry is expecting her second child. I wanted to do something really nice for her, so I made her girls matching dresses. This is the baby bishop. I used Ellen McCarn's pattern and have for years. It is my go to for bishops. I used a smocking pattern I found in Sew Beautiful issue 105, 2006. It is a pattern for Maja's Heirloom's Larkin pattern which is the dress I made for the older girl. I'll have that one posted very soon as a review.
The pattern called for beading......lots of beading. In fact, if I never see another bead it will be too soon. LOL The smocking itself wasn't difficult except for the bullions. I always struggle with those. I also still struggle with pleating those seams. Grrr....
I added lace to the sleeves with entredeux. It's been a very long time since I've done that! But I found it's like riding a bike.
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to ask questions or share comments.