The tucks are 1/4" with space between each set of 3. I then machine feather stitched in the open spaces. I had this really pretty cotton lace edging and thought it would be pretty along the bottom and around the armscyes.
As my bad luck would have it, I also attempted horizontal tucks along the bottom. And when I ripped those out, I managed to also rip a hole in the top. It was an awful lot of work to scrap it. I used interfacing on the wrong side of the hole, then stitched ribbon across the right side bottom to cover it. Whew!! I then hand embroidered an old fashioned feather stitch in between since the ribbon just seemed out of place on its own.
I was going to make the bloomers just as directed in the pattern BUT I didn't have 1/8" wide elastic and 1/4" was way too big. I decided to try several tucks at both leg openings and decided I didn't like those. So I opted for a large inverted pleat which then got ribbon ties on either side followed by some machine feather stitching to keep the folds in place. I also trimmed the legs with the same cotton lace.
I seriously think I have
Thanks for stopping by!!