Monday, December 12, 2011

Down to the wire!!



This is one of the pillows for Rob's grandmother.  I finally found the right trim and got it finished over the weekend.  I found this cording at Joannes.  I must say there were others that I preferred, but Rob's grandmother is VERY traditional.  I just didn't think she would be happy with something a little funkier like I had in mind.  AND she would be very vocal about whether she liked it or not!  I even stopped some strange, but very kind, woman in the store to get her opinion.  She agreed that given grandma's disposition, traditional would be the way to go.  No sense in pulling my hair out by the roots.  I have very little anyway!  I think I'd like to keep what I have.

I had never worked with twisted cording like this before, and it was a little bugger to get joined at the ends.  I managed to find this fantastic tutorial though, and I was finished in no time.  I was still not entirely happy with the end result, but for my first time, it wasn't too bad.  I'm sure the second one will be much better now that I know what to do.  I was afraid to rip it out, since the cording is temperamental.  I was afraid it would unravel beyond workability.  Besides, once I get the pillow form inside and it's on the bed, you'll never see that.

And here is a sneak peak of the other pillow.  I finished the embroidery but have not yet finished assembling it.



You can get the embroidery patterns here.  I have done a number of Kim's patterns now, and I've loved every one.

I also finished the nightshirt for my friend Gracie and the burp cloths for my great-niece all with the help of my little friend Emma which I will post this week.  I still cannot get used to saying great-niece.  Isn't there another name I could use?  I wonder if that's worse than grandma or granny.  Oh my, I'm definitely not ready for that!!

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment