Thursday, August 30, 2012

Low Carb and Gluten Free Pizza Crust

Okay, so this isn't really the picture of it.  I forgot to take one.  But here is the recipe, and it is fabulous!!!  I'll get a picture this weekend when I make this again and update it.

This is a recipe from Bodybuilding.com.

Ingredients:
1 cup riced or grated cauliflower
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp sea salt
Sliced tomatoes
Basil
1/2 cup non-fat Mozzarella Cheese

Preheat oven to 375.  Line cookie sheet with foil and spray generously with non stick spray.  Rice the cauliflower florets in a  food processor or grate manually.  Microwave rice cauliflower for 8 minutes.  Set aside.  In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and add riced cauliflower.  Mix well.  Pour mixture onto cookie sheet.  It should be circular, like a pizza.  Bake for 17-20 minutes.  Once crust is done, top with your choice of vegetables and protein.  Broil pizza for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted on top.

Nutrition Facts:
2 servings
Calories       171.5
Total Fat        2 g
Total Carbs    16g
Protein         24.5g

Okay, so here's what I did.  My dh doesn't like tomatoes, so I omitted those.  I didn't have Italian seasoning, so I used thyme, oregano and a little extra basil.  The crust was very salty, so I would cut back on the salt or eliminate altogether.  I did not use a circular pan.  I just molded it into a circle in the middle of a rectangular cookie sheet.  I ate it plain.  It was that good!

Happy gluten-free and low-carb eating.

Angela

P.S.  IT'S A GREAT WAY TO SNEAK IN VEGGIES YOUR KIDS WOULDN'T OTHERWISE EAT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment