Monday, November 28, 2011

I COULD CRY!!



These pillow cases are kicking my rear!!  I finished the embroidery on one over the weekend, and it turned out really pretty.  Except......I had the design upside down.  Surprisingly, I didn't say any ugly words - not a single one.  I simply removed the stitches and thought I'd start over.  Then I realized that pencil marks DO NOT come out of white linen.  Still no ugly words - I was thinking one but didn't say it.  I applied a little bleach with a toothbrush, and the marks were so faint, they were barely noticeable.  I washed it so the bleach wouldn't cause a problem later with the floss.  Apparently, I used too much bleach, because it washed out the red thread I had used for my pins tucks.  One little ugly word - I was thinking a lot more but only said the one.  But I was NOT going to let this pillow case beat me.  I would beat it or die!!  Now it was a test of wills.  I ran another line of stitching right over the bleached ones.  Wasn't exactly perfect, but at this point, I just didn't care.  I got the design where I wanted and this time in the correct position.  It was really pretty.....again.  And this time I used my blue tracing pen I bought from Joannes a few weeks ago in lieu of the pencil since we know how that turned out last time.  I loved that the blue really popped, unlike the pencil, and made the embroidery much easier on my old eyes.  I used a little water to get the blue marks off after, but that didn't work.  So I used a little more water just with my fingers.  Still didn't work.  So I just popped it in the machine again for a quick wash.  Then it was off to Joannes again for more linen fabric since when I originally bought it, the girl cut it 2 inches too short.  I tried to make it work; all I needed was a few inches.  I should have taken it back right then.  But I'm a glutton for punishment, plus I wanted needed to get these done.  So I started on one case thinking I'd go back for more fabric for the other.  That never works out well, and this time was no different.  I get home with the fabric, and the color is off - just slightly but enough to notice.  Another ugly word - still thinking many more but again only said one.  Then it was time to check on the first pillow.  I pulled it out of the washer, and that's when I wanted to cry.  The red floss bled all over the white linen fabricI was heart broken.  The pillow case had won!  I should have used vinegar in the wash to set the color, but I wasn't thinking.  I had never had floss bleed on any fabric before - never.  Stupid floss.  Stupid pillow case.  Stupid girl at Joannes.  Stupid bleach.  Stupid washer.  Stupid everything!  Stupid me!

Then my husband decided I could just use his camera so we wouldn't have to buy another.  I was okay with that.  It wasn't the ideal camera, but it had to be better than mine.  So I took plenty of pictures over the weekend of all my projects I was working on - mostly the stupid pillow case.  I had to wait to get the USB cable from the office this morning so I could upload the pics.  I was uber excited to see how well the camera worked.  Are you ready??  There was no USB cable in the box.  It's nowhere to be found.  The USB cable for my old camera won't work nor will the one for my phone.  So I guess I'll have to make a trip to Wal-Mart for another.  Any bets on how easy that will be given my current track record?

And that's only part of my weekend full of bloopers.  I had more this morning with my 17 year irresponsible son, but that would take too many words, and I'm super tired after having had to pick him up from work at 11:30 last night when I'm usually in bed by 10 because I have to get up at 5:45 every morning.  I won't even go into why I had to pick him up from work in the first place.  I also won't mention having to drive 15 miles to pick up car keys that I asked him to leave at home.  A waste of an hour this morning.  But my 7 year old informed me this morning, "It's not like you have a lot to do anyway" when he insisted that I take him to school this morning rather than him carpool with my gracious neighbors.  I nearly blew a gasket!  I'm thinking more ugly words though.  I love my children, I love my children, I love my children.  God, give me grace - not patience. PLEASE don't give me patience.

Anyway, once I have a cable for my camera (stupid camera), I'll post some pictures of my beautiful pillow case before the washing machine fiasco.  In the meantime, the little tantrum pic above pretty much sums up how I feel right now.  Stupid pillow case.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment