Tuesday, November 15, 2011

These were almost too easy!

These are the Amy Butler scarves I made yesterday.  You can find the pattern here.  Scroll all the way to the bottom.  It's free.  There is another smaller scarf pattern too, but I liked this one the most.  Basically, you cut a piece of fabric 17x90, and cut the fringe to 17.  You baste the fringe to the scarf end right sides together folding the ends of the fringe in about 1/2" to remove the bulk in the corners.  Then turn the scarf right sides together and stitch around all 3 side leaving a 6" opening for turning (1/2" seam allowance).  Press flat and whip the opening closed.  That's it.  It's really, really easy.  This is a great pattern for a beginner. 



I bought 2.5 yards of fabric and 1 yard of fringe.  (You can actually get 2 scarves out of the 2.5 yards.) I spent a total of $10 for each with my Joannes coupons.  If I had gotten another yard of fringe, I would have 2 scarves for roughly $13. These took right at an hour to complete from cutting the material to sewing.  Of course I was interrupted many times by Gabby and Robbie.  But Robbie was a huge help.  He modeled the orange one for me to get a good picture.  I guess he was trying to look manly while modeling a girl's scarf.  He's so funny.  These will come in handy when he's 16 and dating.  hahaha.  He just doesn't know it yet.


I will be shopping on Black Friday for a new camera.  I don't know what I'm thinking battling those crowds.  I must be absolutely nuts.  But I really need a new one.  I just haven't determined which one I want yet.  Suggestions would be most appreciated.  I like the Nikon brand.  I have the coolpix 4300 now.  We bought it the year Robbie was born.  So it's had a good 7+ years.  I'm looking at the L120, S9100, or the S8200.  I'd like one with a wide angle, but most important will be the optical zoom.  I'm not tech savvy, so I have no idea which one would be better for the pics I'm posting on my blog.  Help!

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment