Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pillows for Grandma



Finally finished these pillows.  I personally am not fond of the rope trim, but grandma is terribly traditional.  I didn't think she would like the tassel type trim that I liked.  And since these will be her pillows, I thought they should reflect her style and not mine.  And as I suspected, I did a much better job at joining the rope at the bottom.  Still not perfect but better than the first.  At least I'm getting the hang of it.  I think I should have used a bit darker gold floss for my vase on pillow to the left, but the picture doesn't do it justice anyway.  They look much better in real life.  I'll be working on my lighting situation after the holidays.  I attempted to build a light box a couple of weeks ago and cut too much off the box.  So I'll start over when I have a bit more time.

And here is a little peak at the pillow cases I'm working on.  You know the one that nearly drove me into the nut house last week?  I changed my direction, and this is what it looks like.  I nixed the embroidery in favor of something a little less stressful.


All I have left to do is add a little stitching to my birds to keep them in place.  I think they turned out pretty cute considering.  I'll post on these a little later when I get them completed.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment