Friday, December 30, 2011

Who will I give it to???







 I've been working on this for a few weeks now.  I had actually started to learn how to tat, so I could add the tatting to this little daygown.  Unfortunately, I'm one of those who has to have hands on instruction rather than learning from written.  I'm starting to get the hang of it now, but I'm not proficient enough to add it to any of my heirlooms just yet.  I refuse to give up though.  Anyway, I just have to add buttons and button holes, and this one if finished.  I just have to determine who will get it!  I've never done this pattern before and just wanted to try it.  I thought I might get it finished in time for Christmas for one of my great-nephews, but that did not happen.  This pattern is Jeannie Baumeister's from Old Fashioned Baby.  I ordered little pearl buttons today, so once they arrive, this one will be finished!  Make sure you check out Jeannie's blog.  She has some really great tutes and some beautiful stuff.

This is also the very first garment I've done with a hand stitched hem.  This little running stitch is just precious.  I think it just adds a little something, and I can't explain it.  I know a machine stitch is straighter and probably more professional.  But I just prefer this one for this particular gown.

Angela

0 comments:

Post a Comment