Monday, February 3, 2014

Easy Peasy Pillow

I have been sewing some pillow shams and throw pillows for a friend recently.  My friend wanted a zipper in the seam of this pillow.  I had never tried this application before, so I searched and searched the Internet for instruction.  You would not believe how many tutorials there are on pillows with invisible zippers that I felt were poorly installed.  I won't post pictures of those, because 1. I think it's rude and 2. I don't believe I am entitled to offer criticism when my own work is far from perfect.

Then I looked at my own store bought and very expensive pillows on my sofa, and I was shocked at how poorly the zippers were installed, and that I had paid for them!  Granted, most people won't see the zipper anyway, because of its placement on furniture.  But I think they should be done correctly especially if you are paying for them.

This is how I believe the zipper should look.  The zipper is completely invisible.  I have not perfected this technique yet, but I will.  And I will share my method when I have.

This pillow cover is very loose ,so that could be one reason my zipper lays properly.  I like my pillows very taught and full, but my friend likes hers very loose fitting.  So I'll do this again with a tighter application and see if I get the same result.

Happy Monday!
Angela

2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful - and invisible!! I am looking forward to your tutorial, I have never tried this technique either but would love to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I hope the next one turns out well. I'll be sure to share! lol

      Delete