Tuesday, February 18, 2014
It took me roughly 3 hours to get all 4 pair complete. That's how easy this pattern is. I didn't put it together per the instructions though. I did these sort of assembly line style. I stitched the front to front, back to back. Serged those seams Then I stitched the inner seam and side seams all at once and serged those. Then hem and make the casing for the elastic.
I did have to alter the length on 2 pair (shortening), and the inside seams at the legs didn't line up well. I will use Nancy Zieman's method on shortening the next go around. It works much better I think.
On a side note, I am actually getting much better matching my plaids. The top pair I flipped to the back, so you could see that is the only seam that I couldn't match up. I'm not sure it's entirely possible to match up every seam, but I'm going to keep at it.
Here is the front seam.
Other than that back seam, I think they came out pretty well matched.