Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Not so little make-up bag.
That's my full size blow dryer just to give you an idea of just how big this thing is! And see my make-up brushes there in the background?
This is a Bernina pattern that I found, and it was really simple to make. I had a little trouble with the pattern, since it didn't come with one. It simply gave instructions for making the shape. Mine was a little big around the top, so I had to "work" it in at the bottom. It zips from one end to the other which is very nice. It's a little thinner than I would have liked, and I believe it needs some sort of stabilizer in the bottom of the bag. It just flops over when empty, and I can't imagine what it will do when full. I may try to weight it down. I'll let Britt try it first and see what she thinks.
So one more project completed and several more on my list. My list has gotten much shorter since Christmas. But that's been on purpose, since I'm also working on my sewing room. I'm refinishing a small 3 drawer dresser that I found over the weekend. I'm going to Lowes today for the wood to build the hutch that will sit on top along with the paint. If the rains holds out, I should have it finished this weekend. Of course, Robbie is asking me daily when I'm going to start his UGA quilt. So I'll have to at least get it cut to appease him for a little while.