Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sweet Progress!

So this is my progress thus far on Britt's bench.  The original pattern called for aprons on the sides.  I didn't want those, since I was covering the top.  I've been searching for the right foam for the seat cushion, but alas I didn't realize how expensive foam is!  So now wanting to be as thrifty as possible, I'm on the hunt for either some old outdoor cushions or even a boat cushion.  I found one small piece at Joanne's over the weekend, but it was not the right density, and I didn't think it would hold up with repeated sittings.  I also haven't decided on whether or not I want to distress the paint.  I think it looks kinda cute just like it is.  I'll let Britt decide since it will be in her house.  She chose the fabric.  She did a good job didn't' she?

I am also almost finished with the embroidery on Angie's tote bag.  Those little woven picots are taking longer than expected.  I just finished the last one yesterday, and all that's left is filling in the middle of the flowers.  I'll have pics hopefully tomorrow.  Or I may just wait until Thursday when I should have the whole thing finished.

And yesterday, I took Robbie with me to Joanne's.  I knew better, I knew better, I knew better.  I couldn't leave without buying his UGA fabric for his new UGA themed quilt.  Then I had to sit down at home later and sketch out the rendering based on his instructions.  And let me just say, they were terribly explicit!!!!!  I did offer some advice.  Some he took, some - not so much.  I hope it turns out the way he has envisioned.

So although I haven't posted in a few days, I have been busy with projects.  I'm beginning to think that Jeannie Baumeister is on to something with her "do one thing at a time" motto.



Post a Comment